My Photo
Name:
Location: Uto city, Kumamoto, Japan

I returned to Japan in April 2011 after living in NZ for the past 12 years. It's so refreshing to immerse in the Japanese culture after such a long break.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Serious talk

Wow, I've been away from writing my blog for several months. Now, it will take some time to get back into this blogging:-)

But let me get into what I've been doing recently. I've been reading Eckhart Tolle's books and thinking about quality of "consciousness" a lot. The books taught me to disidentify self from my mind (current thoughts and emotions) that can be pretty negative at times. The space between mind and Being (an observer of your mind) was a new concept to me, but I started experiencing quiet moments when I can observe what is going on in my mind without attaching my sense of self. It is such a revelation, as I don't need to condemn myself whenever some negative thoughts pop up. Also, perceiving the gap between my mind and being provides me a sense of peace and serenity I yearned for. Being in the present and experience the Here and Now. This is such a simple message, but it's not so easy to put into practice on the daily basis. Let me know if you know a good way to practice this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hadashi said...

Hi Mami
It was good to read your entry. I also feel exactly the same about the Tolle philosophy, only I'm not as good as putting it into words as you are!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Mami said...

Thanks, hadashi. I think putting his philosophy into words is my attempt to understand it further. It's probably better if I don't need to go through the channel of words.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home