My Photo
Name:
Location: Uto city, Kumamoto, Japan

I returned to Japan in April 2011 after living in NZ for the past 12 years. It's so refreshing to immerse in the Japanese culture after such a long break.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Never-finished art

I thought I'm sick of writing, but here I am, still getting pleasure from putting words down on the computer. I set my foot in the Art School for the first time yesterday. Ryoko, who studies there, took me to a tour around the school. Its atmosphere and environment were so different from that of the Otago University. We walked around different classrooms where all sorts of art materials and heavy machineries occupied the space. I saw students' works that were casually displayed inside and outside of the building. I realized that art students interact with various mediums to express themselves, through painting, printmaking, jewelry making, metalsmithing, photography, textile, etc. I was somewhat envious of them who appeared to be freely and liberally expressing themselves and having fun! But, in spite of their outward appearance, I bet that they also face a lot of difficulties and agony during the process. I think the following words are true for all creating activities "Art is never finished, it's just abandoned."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home