My Photo
Name:
Location: Uto city, Kumamoto, Japan

I returned to Japan in April 2011 after living in NZ for the past 12 years. It's so refreshing to immerse in the Japanese culture after such a long break.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Jane Eyre

Have you read the classic novel, Jane Eyre? I'm at the middle of it. I came across the title in another book "Eyre Affair" and I had been interested in getting my hand on it. This is the oldest English I've read so far. Hence, some phrases and words sound a bit strange, but the characters and the narrative completely grip my attention and I could keep reading it for hours at one sitting (if I'm allowed). The descriptions of scenes, psychology of the characters, the speed with which the story moves, etc.. everything is just right to stimulate and expand my imagination. It's no wonder that so many people love this book. I wasn't a big classic novel fan, but I change my mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home