My Photo
Name:
Location: Uto city, Kumamoto, Japan

I returned to Japan in April 2011 after living in NZ for the past 12 years. It's so refreshing to immerse in the Japanese culture after such a long break.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Pilates lessons

I started Pilates about 6 weeks ago. I went through a pretty intense first 5 sessions that taught me the fundamental basics of Pilates, such as breathing, alignment, balance, posture, etc. Now, even walking down the street, my mind suddenly brings back those lessons and checks up on my walking style. It is indeed a good thing, but I've lost a sense of freedom somehow. It's as if my mind has taken over the control, enjoying a role of a commander to discipline my lazy body. Mind and body are supposedly connected, or so many believe. At the moment, however, I'm torn in between. I guess with time and practice, this dilemma will disappear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home